Social-Sharing Practices: Punctuation and Symbols B2B
Should you use question marks and exclamation points?! One thing we do know from various social-sharing practices is that including question marks and exclamation points tend to impact click levels. How exactly varies from channel to channel.
Question Marks in Social Content
- B2B posts on LinkedIn generate 25% fewer clicks if they include a question mark
- B2B tweets generate 39% fewer clicks if they include a question mark
- Twitter users (both business and consumer) tend to prefer less emotion (no exclamation marks).
- However, LinkedIn users appear more sanguine: B2B posts on LinkedIn generate 26% more clicks if they include an exclamation mark.
#Hashtags and Numbers
- B2B messages on LinkedIn generate 25% more clicks if they include a #hashtag.
- Not surprisingly, B2B messages on Twitter generate 193% more clicks if they include a #hashtag.
- Using numbers in LinkedIn B2B content no real impact on click rates.
- When sharing content via Twitter, including a number generates 50% more clicks for B2B content.